Qual è la traduzione tedesca di una parola o frase? È corretta la mia traduzione? Per favore indicare più contesto possibile...
4 messaggi • Pagina 1 di 1

26.01.2012 19:21:27

like smoke

di boss48
In einem amerikanischen Buch sagt jemand über seinen Freund:

"He drifted in and out of my life like smoke."

Was stelle ich mir unter diesem Bild vor?

In einem WB fand ich: like smoke (idiom) = wie der Teufel

Das ergibt aber keinen rechten Sinn. Gemeint ist wohl, dass dieser Freund immer mal unvorhergesehen auftauchte und wieder verschwand.

Aber warum "like smoke"?

27.01.2012 13:42:08

Re: drift like smoke

di [PONS] yakyuyama
boss48 ha scritto:In einem amerikanischen Buch sagt jemand über seinen Freund:

"He drifted in and out of my life like smoke."

Was stelle ich mir unter diesem Bild vor?

In einem WB fand ich: like smoke (idiom) = wie der Teufel

Das ergibt aber keinen rechten Sinn. Gemeint ist wohl, dass dieser Freund immer mal unvorhergesehen auftauchte und wieder verschwand.

Aber warum "like smoke"?

Hey boss48,

I'll take a stab at this one.

Just as you surmised, I think the image the author of those words was trying to get across was that there wasn't much rhyme or reason as to when (and where?) the friend showed up.

Smoke just goes where it wants to go, without any particular pattern, so I guess the friend came and went as he/she pleased.

I also think the drifting implies that the coming and going wasn't necessarily sudden, if there can be such a thing, and/or that it wasn't met with a lot of resistance, for instance.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Yama

27.01.2012 15:07:51

Re: like smoke

di fredbär

Hi,

Sounds good. There may also be the suggestion that the friend was somehow insubstantial (substanzlos), I think.

Regards,

fredbär

27.01.2012 17:08:04

Re: like smoke

di boss48
Hi,

thank you for your answers.

apart from the suggestion that this friend could be insubstantial (he was not), I'm glad to learn that my attempt of interpreting that image obviously went into the right direction.
That friend went into his life, sometimes meetings were planned, but more often they were not, many things came unexpectedly, a deep friendship evolved, though.

Regards

4 messaggi • Pagina 1 di 1

Pagina in Deutsch | Ελληνικά | English | Español | Français | Italiano | Polski | Português | Русский | Slovenščina | Türkçe | 中文
Feedback